**In case you missed the introduction to this whole mess that I’m subjecting myself to, be sure to read here first: Chowderhead’s Official Sleep Deprivation Olympic Challenge.**
Well, Day 1 of the challenge began and ended with only a few minor burps, but all in all, things are going pretty smoothly.
It’s important to note:
I haven’t officially been awake for twenty four hours because I accidentally fell asleep during the first hour while watching an episode of The Real Housewives of some posh, tropical county. Shortly after that I slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit my head on the soap tray.
I still don’t really know exactly how long I was out for..
However, as the early hours of this study peel off the clock, I’m starting to feel like sleep is just an overrated, productivity-killing waste of time. I mean, how the hell are we supposed to advance as a society when everybody’s larding around for eight hours everyday?
I intend to take full advantage of those additional eight hours each night by catching up on a few chores that I’ve been meaning to get to for awhile.
Summary of Events, Accomplishments, and Other Stuff from Day 1:
– Watched 14 straight episodes of Mork and Mindy.
– Washed, starched, and ironed my button down shirt. Four times.
– Alphabetized my cereal cabinet.
– Smoked an entire carton of Cigarettes.
– Drank three pots of Coffee.
– Took the entire 12th precinct out for lunch after they extinguished my Pineapple upside-down cake kitchen fire. (D’oh!)
-Went to the rental place and borrowed a pump to remove (roughly) 400 gallons of hydrant water from my basement. (D’oh!!!)
– Re-painted kitchen.
– Bought and installed a Clapper for every light in the house. (No applause, please. No, really, don’t do that.)
– Wrote a blog post.
(subtract) 1.5 hours for Real Housewives nap
(subtract) 3.5 hours for accidental Shower Tumble (d’oh!!!!)
19 hours without sleep
I’m winning big here. But I think I need…zzz…another..zzz…cup of coffee.
-Happy Blogging, Chowderheads o_-
Click HERE for Day 2 Results
P.S. Please Take the Time to Participate in a Brief Survey:
- Chowderhead’s Official Sleep Deprivation Olympic Challenge (thechowderhead.com)